Answered By: Research support team Last Updated: Jun 01, 2020 Views: 1631
Begin in your Mendeley Desktop software.
You need to:
- Install the new version of APA in Mendeley (or see if it is installed already)
- Make APA 7th your default citation style in both Mendeley and Word
Step 1: Install the new version of APA (or see if it is installed already)
- In Mendeley, select 'View' and then 'Citation Style'.
- If APA 7th is not already available, click on 'More Styles'.
- If it is already available, skip to Step 2
- Start entering a search for ‘American Psychological’.
- Select the 7th edition
- Click on the 'Install' button
Step 2: making APA 7th your default citation style in both Mendeley and Word:
- In Mendeley, go back to 'View' > 'Citation Style'
- Select ‘American Psychological Association 7th edition’.
To make this change in Word you can either:
- restart Word
- select the 7th edition from the dropdown menu shown here
Toll free in North America (8:30 AM-8:30 PM, Pacific Time): 1-800-788-8028 and ask to be put through to the Library