Can I get a book or an article that RRU doesn't have in its collection?
We can obtain titles that are not in our collection through our interlibrary loan service.
Interlibrary loans are free of charge for students and faculty with active university accounts.
Article requests are filled in 1-4 business days and are delivered to you via email. Print book requests are filled within 7-10 business days.
To place an interlibrary loan request:
- Look up the title in the library catalogue (the search box on the library homepage).
- If RRU library does not have the item, you may get a message asking you to select "libraries worldwide" to search beyond our collection--click on this link.
- If that screen does not appear, manually select the “Libraries Worldwide” box (located on the left hand side of the results page) to search other libraries. Check off article or book in the format type to narrow your search.
- Once you find the title on the results page, click on the title and then select "Request Item".
- Fill in the request form accordingly and click "Submit" to complete the request.
Repeat the procedure for all interlibrary loan items you would like to request.
If the item you are searching for does not appear in the results after searching libraries worldwide in Discovery, please submit your interlibrary request by completing the form here: http://library.royalroads.ca/doc-requests.